Historic Jersey buildings
The stone boundary wall along Trinity Hill, which gave the property its name. 1897 photograph
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Route de La Trinite, St Helier
Type of property
19th century farm
Sold for £2,382,000 in 2007
Families associated with the property
- Vint - the property was owned in the late 20th century by Jurat John Vint
- 1823: On main house, no initials
- 1839: On outbuildings, no initials
- ILB ♥ MC 1716 - 
Historic Environment Record entry
Mid-late 19th century farmstead retaining external historic character and group value.
Farmstead comprising main house with wing (Stonewall), and long ranges of outbuildings to east and north (Stonewall Farm), set around a yard.
Five-bay, two-storey house with attic, lower two-storey wing to west.
Attached to east is two-storey L-plan range of granite outbuildings, with carriage throughway into rear yard. Parallel to north is long range of two-storey granite outbuildings, with single storey pantile roof storerooms at west end. Cart entrance to north range with elliptical arch and dressed granite surround, and dressed granite doorway with 1839 datestone.
Notes and references
- ↑ This stone, not recorded by HER, is shown in the Datestone Register as being found at Stonewall Farm, Trinity. We are not aware of a second property of this name, but the house featured here is in St Helier, not Trinity. We have not identified any marriage record which is an obvious match for this stone, which would predate the present buildings by at least a century
This photograph, dated 1860, is captioned Stonewall, but there is doubt over the accuracy of the date and the information supplied with the photograph. We have doubts that the photograph was actually taken in Jersey