St Luke's

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


St Luke's Church


The interior of the church photographed in the 19th century by Ernest Baudoux

St Luke's Church, Route du Fort, St Saviour


A granite church with a slate roof, St Luke's adjoins the Howard Davis Park and overlooks the military cemetery.

The church was designed by John Hayward and built in 1848-51. It is built of granite and cruciform in layout, with a nave, north and south transepts and a porch at the southern end. Many of the lancet windows have stained glass.

There is a war memorial in the churchyard dating from 1922; it was a gift from TB Davis, who also gave the adjoining park to the island in memory of his son.

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs