Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Rue des Chenolles, St John
Type of property
19th century farm group with lavoir and lime kiln
Sold for £3,650,000 in 2008
Families associated with the property
- ICT 1730 - For Jean Coutanche
- DRR 1880 - For David Romeril
- ELeG 1819 (Carved into a sundial)
Historic Environment Record entry
A high quality early-mid 19th century farmstead, with a good survival of many original historic features, including a rare lime kiln and well preserved lavoir.
House early-mid 19th century; coach house. Lavoir early 19th century, although lavoir rights from 1629 - 1813, owned by the Societe Jersiaise. . Limekiln early 19th century, owned by the Societe Jersiaise. Set in the gable roadside wall is a rare example of a lamp box (Post Box No 95) known as Hovis design with ornate closed cipher - Edward VII.
Farmhouse and outbuildings separated from road by high granite rubble wall. Cart archway, two stable doors to east. Coach house to west
Disused lavoir in grounds. Lavoir by road beyond south-east corner of garden wall