The parish church is in the heart of the village
A large portion of Saint Peter, a parish in the west of Jersey, is occupied by Jersey Airport. It is the only parish with two coastlines, stretching from St Ouen's Bay in the west to St Aubin's Bay in the south. The parish is the fourth-largest parish by surface area, covering 6,469 vergees
The traditional nickname for St Pierrais is ventres à baînis (limpet bellies).
St Peter's Village in 1927, with the Le Brocq shop on the right
The parish is divided into vingtaines:
- Vingtaine du Douet
- Vingtaine de St. Nicolas
- Grande Vingtaine
- Vingtaine des Augerez
- Vingtaine du Coin Varin
The parish forms one electoral district and elects one Deputy.
St Peter is twinned with St Hilaire du Harcöuet in the Normandy Department of Manche
The parish has two oil paintings on display in the Parish Hall, featured in the Your Paintings project.
Click on any image to see a full-size version
John Francis Giffard (1847-1919), a portrait by William Hay. Giffard, a Solicitor of the Royal Court was first elected Deputy of the parish in 1881. Four years later he was elected Constable but he only served one term before being elected again as Deputy in 1888. In 1910 he was elected Deputy in St Helier, and in 1914 he was elected Jurat, serving until his death five years later
Mont St Michel; Yann Le Francois
Three candidates in an election for Constable in the 1980s. From left: Winter Le Marquand, the sitting Constable, who won the election; Les Till, a parish Centenier; and George Langlois
Route de Beaumont - this junction has now disappeared as the Airport has expanded
The centre of the village in the late 1940s
Driving licence issued to Mrs Greta Lawford in 1936
This stone marks the boundary with St Brelade - picture taken in 1981
This 1977 aerial photograph shows the parish church and school, with building work on the new village development under way in the foreground