Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Mont Cochon Farm
Rue de Trachy, St Helier
Type of property
Farm with 17th century origins
Families associated with the property
- Le Gros: In the late 20th century the house was owned by the Le Gros family, seigneurs of Meleches, although it stands on the fief of Prieur de l'Islet de Mont Cochon
Historic Environment Record entry
A farm group with 17th century origins with an excellent example of a traditional 17th century Jersey double archway accessing a walled courtyard.
The farmhouse retains some external historic features including notable carved kneelers.
The outbuildings retain their historic character and group value. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
The two-storey, four-bay farmhouse has single storey, with attic, outbuildings to the west. South of the farmhouse is a detached barn. This is connected to a single storey building to the southwest by a double archway leading into the farmyard.
Old Jersey Houses
This property is most notable for its 17th century arch, rather than the much younger house itself. The double entrance arch has been dated to about 1660 but the house is of early 18th century construction. It may once have had a tourelle staircase, which has now disappeared.