Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Augerez Farm 
Rue d'Elysee, St Peter
Type of property
18th century five-bay country house with 16th century origins
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
Both these stones are for Jean du Pré, who married Elizabeth Le Bas in St Peter in 1812
- IDP ELB 1825
- IDP ELB 1832
- PLV - Not explained
- 1689 - no initials
Historic Environment Record entry
This is a fine 18th century fronted Jersey, five-bay house with chamfered round arch with outbuildings in line, shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
The origins of the house date from the 16th century, however the main fabric and refronting is mid-18th century. The rear extensions are 20th century.
Two-storey, five-bay house with single bay two-storey extension to west. Adjoining to east is a line of outbuildings with throughway to rear yard. To north of house, returning east in L shape are 20th century extensions.
Tourelle and corbelled fireplace relocated from France in 20th century rear extension.
The house displays Jersey’s vernacular tradition in the use of local materials and details.
Old Jersey Houses
The arch of Augerez Farm is 17th century, and other features of the property suggest a date early in that century. A lintel has the initials PLV carved, although they are now upside down, and there are two stones commemorating work undertaken in the 19th century by the Dupre family, the then owners. The Dupre family retained ownership in 1849. It has not been possible to trace further 19th century occupants through census returns because there is no mention of either Augerez Farm or Cottage. It is possible that they had different names during the 19th century. In 1901 farmer James Maillard and family lived at Augerez Farm and the cottage appears to have been divided into units for farm labourers and their families.