La Maitrerie

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

La Maitrerie, St Martin


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through

Property name

La Maitrerie

Other names

La Maitrerie Farm


Rue de La Maitrerie, St Martin

Type of property

Farm with possible 16th century origins, divided into residential units


  • Sold for £825,000 in 2002
  • Several transactions for five different residential units

Families associated with the property

  • Le Maistre: The family after whom the house was named
  • Gaudin
  • Doublard: In 1941 Jean Baptiste Doublard (1886- ), his wife Lucille Marie, née Crenan (1900- ) and their daughters, Violet Edith and Lucille Marie, were living here


Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

The farmhouse with possible 16th century origins and associated early 19th century outbuildings retains its proportions and historic external features. The other buildings each retain their character with many historic features remaining. The group remains cohesive as a whole.

This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. It is considered to be 16th century in origin with developments in the 18th and 19th centuries. Three farmhouses and extensive outbuildings renovated in late 20th century to multiple occupancy.

Farmhouse on south-east of site: Two-storey, three-bay. Extension to northeast is 1999.

Notes and references

  1. George was the son of David, but we have not been able to place them in any of our Gaudin trees
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs