If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Rue de La Clochette, Queree, St Martin
Type of property
This 17th century country house is included as Green Farm in the second volume of Old Jersey Houses but, although it has a brief entry in HER as La Clochette, it is apparently not a listed building
Sold for £3.9 million in 2020
Families associated with the property
- Le Couteur
- Lucas: In 1941 Walter Charles Lucas (1878- ) and his wife Emma Lydia, nee Lucas (1881- ) were living here. They were married at St Martin in 1925
- FLC SDM 1677 - For François Le Couteur and Sara Dumaresq. This was the Rev Francois Le Couteur, Rector of St Martin who died in 1714.
- 18 PGD EAB 17 for Philippe Gaudin and Elizabeth Aubin who married in St Martin in 1782
Historic Environment Record entry
Record does not say that this is a listed building, and it does not appear in the States website database.
The main house is 17th century, two-storey, three-bay with granite chimneys, windows with accolade lintels), and a granite doorway with elaborate chamfer stops.
There are 18th century buildings to the east, and 19th century additions. The later house is of squared granite. Shown on Richmond Map.
Old Jersey Houses
It is interesting to find a Rector living in his own house, and at some distance from the church. He and his wife Sara Dumaresq had 13 children, only the last, Elizabeth, born in this house. Sara died at the age of 52 but Francois lived to become an octogenarian.
Le Couteur must have been building or altering his house wt least two years before he moved there, as shown by the lintel over the old house.
There are evidently three periods here: The main 17th century section; buildings to the east which could be 18th century; and the 19th century work.
There were Gaudins at Queruee from 1659, whch Philippe Gaudin married Catherine Jutize; a later Philippe3 Gaudin 'of Green Farm' was Deputy of St Martin 1875-1878.